CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I may have started a war...

For those of you who don't know, our apartment complex had a large grassy area in front of it that the kids from the neighborhood like to use as well to play in. They also like to use our parking garage, our deck, our upper walk ways....anyways. Also, the entire neighborhood like to cut across our yard instead of walking around the corner on the sidewalk, wearing a nice path right through the grass. Nice.

So I was trying to herd my children into the van, which was proving quite a task since there were several other kids outside at the time when a group of boys came walking through. I took no notice of them until I heard a few of the choice words they were using. Normally I wouldn't say anything, especially to a group this large with boys aging from 8 to probably 14, but I was already having a hard time controlling my temper with my kids so I yelled at them to watch their mouths while on our property.

Well they all looked pretty surprised and sorry and continued walking away with their heads down, truly sorry for having cursed in our presence. I felt rather good, like an adult. I felt like they took me seriously and that we wouldn't be having any more problems with swearing from them. And then, just as they were nearing the edge of the yard, they yell as a group F*$# YOU!!! And then run for it, continuing a steady stream of obscenities until they're out of hearing range. Great.

Oh, did I mention that in being apartment #1 we get the privilege of a weekly water balloon to our front window, which faces the street? Oh yeah. I'm pretty sure that the culprit(s) of those were in that group, and I'm also pretty sure we'll be getting more than one a week from now on.
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Cause I think I may have inadvertently bitten off more than I can chew.

On another note, all of my pictures and videos got deleted off my phone, including videos of Haylie crawling for the first time, Henry's preschool graduation, and all the pictures I took during our last week with my mom. So that's why there haven't been any pics attached to recent posts. But I'm trying to be better about bringing the camera along and using it so hopefully we'll have something for you soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous

As far as the boys are concerned, I'd try to secretly follow them to their houses, and have a talk with their parents.