CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Back to the Grind

Whew! This weekend was crazy! The weeks since Brandon started work have been flying by and so have our weekends with him.

Hunter has been having some trouble eating baby food. Every time he eats it he throws up but this last week I've been giving him (extremely) small amounts of peaches and he's been doing well with it so on Saturday I decided to add oatmeal at lunch. Bad Idea. We went to the mall after we ate and he vomited repeatedly all over. And it was real vomit, not spit up. Gross. So all of my grocery shopping plans went out the window and we went home to nurse the sick baby.

Then on Sunday Brandon wasn't feeling well because he spent Saturday running errands for me since I had to stay with Hunter so he was going to stay home and keep Hunter too. I was getting ready in my bathroom and Haylie came in and started playing with my makeup brushes, which is normal for her when all of a sudden she starts screaming like a banshee. I turn around and she's holding her hand because she had grabbed my hot curling iron. Talk about feeling like a bad mother. So she stayed home as well.

Church went well with one child and I actually got to listen to the talks! At the end of Relief Society the Primary kids came in to sing a song for the mothers but Henry wouldn't sing. Then all of a sudden he starts bawling. Have you ever sympathy cried? I totally did. I had no idea why he was crying but I started too. I tried to get to him but there were people in the way. So he just cried for the whole song and when it was over I grabbed him. He said that he was crying because the words were too hard and he couldn't remember the words. So sad :(

The rest of the day was great. Brandon made me a delicious dinner of steak, twice baked potatoes, ambrosia salad, corn, and warm, sweet Texas rolls. He made everything all by himself! I was so impressed! AND he got me an entire cheesecake from Costco. What a guy. I even got a food processor as a gift. I am definitely a spoiled mama!

Even though the weekend was crazy and the kids had all kinds of problems I loved every second of it. As time goes by I've really been realizing how much I love and appreciate my kids. I love being a mother and having this wonderful opportunity to raise these beautiful children.

0 comments: