CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quitting the Bink


So we've been talking about taking away Haylie's bink for quite some time now, but I just haven't wanted to go through that again. It wasn't bad with Henry, he was just really whiny for a few days and I wasn't looking forward to that with Haylie because she is extremely annoying when she's whiny. Extremely. But we both agreed that she needs to be done with the bink well before the baby comes so yesterday I took them away. I just hid them before nap time and when I went to lay her down, the conversation went something like this:

Haylie: where's mine binky go?

Me: the binkys are all gone because you're soooo big now.

Haylie: mama throw them in the garbage?

Me: uh, yes.

Haylie: oh.

And then she rolled over and went to sleep. Are you kidding me? If I would have known it would be that easy with her I would have done it months ago!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Good job. The binky reaction is always unpredictable. I would like to take Eliza's but somebody (won't mention names) keeps giving it back :)