CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Called

So, being that we're in a new ward, we've been waiting for our callings since early September. We found out that our Ward has a major shortages in nursery staff, probably due to the fact that they are only allowed to call women. Anyways, Brandon and I got to sub in nursery a two weeks ago, and later that week, I got a call from the Bishop's clerk to arrange a meeting between myself and the Bishop. Also, a few weeks before that I hear the Ward Nursery Leader saying that she's going to be released soon. Awesome. So I totally go to this meeting thinking that I'm going to be called as the new Nursery Leader, and I'm called as...RS Missionary Committee Member. At first I am so relieved. Now I'm nervous. I am not a good missionary. I'm totally the person who figures they must have left the Church for good reason (not really) and who am I to bug them relentlessly? So obviously this is a calling that I need to help me be a better missionary and I'm looking forward to it, but I think it may just be a bigger challenge than nursery would have been. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous

I love nursery...where else can you play with toys and eat snacks at church?! Best wishes with your new calling to help peeps come unto Christ...you'll do great.

Hope you guys are doing well. How is school going for Brandon?

Saundra

I am looking forward to the day that I am called into Nursery....Until then, I'll do my best as a member of the Primary Presidency. Good luck with the missionary thing. I agree with you! I wouldn't do so hot, myself.